Are you looking to develop a health and wellness incentive program for your organization? Today’s loyalty program space is pretty vast, offering a broad range of participation incentives including prizes, cash, sell this get this, trips, etc. Developing a program with all the right components is essential to capture the attention of your employees and transform them into willing participants. How can you develop a wellness program that benefits your employees while saving the company money? Seems impossible, right? Wrong.
Health and wellness employee incentive programs are thriving in today’s health conscious world. Organizations are hitching their wagons to this trend and becoming leaders in promoting preventative health care among their staff and efficiently lowering their insurance burden. By offering a variety of participation incentives that are health-related will not only promote self-care and an overall healthy lifestyle, but it also saves some bucks in the long run! Health care costs are higher than ever, but an excellent way to reduce workplace downtime, increase productivity and save money is to offer your staff a health and wellness program, which reduces overall healthcare costs.
Another important consideration in developing a program is understanding that it isn’t just about offering participation incentives, you need the right incentive payout technologies to execute it. Deploying an easy to use reward payout system helps facilitate the program in a way that gives your staff something to look forward to while caring for their health and gives your organization the ability to measure its effectiveness.
There is a strategy for the health and wellness programs to remain successful and we are going to let you in on the secret: Offer a variety of rewards. Mixing up the reward offerings is a mus, this is with any incentive program. If you do not evolve or offer new goods, then the program will begin to feel redundant and your employees will lose interest quickly. That may sound a bit alarming since there probably is a budget for your proposed program, but the incentives don’t have to break the bank! Below are 10 great and budget-friendly ways to energize any health and wellness program:
- PTO (Paid Time Off), this is probably one of the most favored offerings because..well, who doesn’t love a random day off?!
- Fitness or Wellness Items, this could be water bottles, fit bits, pedometer, equipment, etc.
- Free Fitness Classes, offer them on site or maybe to a local gym/fitness center.
- Gym Membership Reimbursement, this is a great way to really get people to go to the gym. Some may already want to go to the gym and get their health on track, but may not be able to afford the membership.
- Casual Dress Days, Casual Friday on a Tuesday? Let’s do this.
- Company Branded Merchandise, water bottles, lunch containers, first aid kits, canvas bags, etc.
- Credits Applied to Health Insurance Premium, with today’s crazy health insurance premiums, we guarantee this is a winner.
- Employee Picnic, offer food and games! Maybe the team that wins receives a gift, PTO, free lunch during the work week, etc.
- Cash, Gift Cards, Rewards, these are your basic participation incentives and set the foundation of motivation, they will go a long way for a while, but it’s best to switch them up before a loss interest.
- Company Wide Appreciation, company wide email/newsletter/bulletin postings showing how great your employees are doing is brilliant for recognition.
Offering a health and wellness incentive program doesn’t have to break the bank. In the long run, a health and wellness program SAVES money, promotes a healthy lifestyle and a better quality of life. To learn more about creating a health and wellness program and our health and wellness reward management platform call ADR today at 866-415-7703!