Sweepstakes and instant win game applications have long been a popular feature in incentive programs, and it’s easy to see why. Game-based promotions can be easily integrated into the best sales incentive plans, loyalty program platforms, rebate management systems, customer acquisition programs, and more.
Gamification & Engagement
From consumer loyalty programs, to B2B channel partner programs, to company health and wellness programs, everyone is looking for ways to increase engagement. Most people know that having the right reward offerings and robust incentive management technology is important, but there’s another lesser-known element that can help increase your incentive program’s engagement: Gamification.
What is Gamification?
Gamification is an online marketing technique that takes qualities of games (point scoring, competition, rules of play) and applies them to a company’s product or service – in this case, an incentive program. Examples of Gamification in an incentive program can include:
- Games – A promotion where winning game pieces are randomly seeded into the universe of common and/or losing game pieces.
- Collect & Win – Promotion requires participants to save game pieces to complete a phrase, picture, or puzzle.
- Match & Win – Promotion requires players to match a symbol on their game piece to the winning symbol on displays.
- Instant Win – A self-contained random chance promotion. Includes scratch off, peel off, scan and win games, online and 800 number call-in games. Instant win games provide instant gratification.
- Sweepstakes – a promotion in which the winners are selected by chance.
- Random Drawings – Consumer enters via entry form, 3” x 5” card, online or 800 number. A drawing is held at a later date to select winners. This type of sweepstakes generates repeat responses.
- Automatic Entry – Coupons, rebate submissions, and loyalty card purchases double as a sweepstakes entry. This generates repeat response and maximizes the total number of entries received.
- Programmed Learning – A promotion technique that requires participants to read something and provide key copy points or information in order to enter the sweepstakes. This type of promotion stimulates involvement.
- Qualified Entry – This type of sweepstakes is similar to programmed learning. Participants guess an answer from clues or try to solve a puzzle. This solicits motivated participants.
When conducting a sweepstake or other game-based promotions, working with instant win game providers and sweepstakes technology companies can save you a lot of hassle. There are a lot of moving parts to your average sweepstake promotion. Rule creation, legal review, insurance, bonding, winner validation, tax reporting, and prize delivery are just a few of the required concerns for your average sweepstake promotion. With instant win game software and a reward program management company experienced in instant win and sweepstakes administration, you’ll be setting yourself up for a smooth experience.
Benefits of Gamification:
- Engage Low Point Earners
- Engage Hard to Reach Demographics
- Reward Certain Behaviors
- Reduce Point-Based Liability
- Create Daily Site Traffic
- Generate Sales Leads and Email Opt-ins
- Increases Brand Engagement
The program incentives rewards that you pick for your game promotion should be versatile and crowd-pleasing. Each incentive program participant will have their own personal preferences, but there are some reward types that remain nearly universal. Cash-based rewards, which include checks, gift cards, and visa prepaid card rewards, are some of the most popular rewards among participants. Visa virtual and physical prepaid cards are the most versatile of the cash-based rewards. Checks take time to mail, and gift cards limit purchasing options, but physical and virtual visa prepaid rewards can be used almost anywhere. A good sweepstake prize provider will often also serve as a visa prepaid card provider. With the popularity of this reward, it is an important one to consider for your next incentive program.
At All Digital Rewards, our expert team can help you effectively incorporate gamification into your company’s incentive program in a way that is well designed and deployed to your target audience through one of our dynamic, real-time STACK™ SaaS program management solutions. Our programs can be custom-tailored and branded to meet your company’s goals. Additionally, we have a massive catalog of incentives for your program, to include custom branded prepaid and gift cards. If you would like to learn more about creating a successful game-based incentive promotion, contact our instant win game experts by calling 866-415-7703 or click Here to Schedule a Demo!