QUALITY SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Quality engineering position in our organization is compensated and valued the same as software engineers. In this position, you will write a lot of java code, automation test, SQL and performance engineering scripts. We do not compromise on quality, our goal is to achieve close to 100% of code, test, and automation coverage. Our interview process involves timed programming tests, problem-solving, deeper discussions in QE mindset, java, rdbms, selenium, jmeter, etc.; this is not a traditional black box QA.
Candidate will write java code, automation testing, SQL and performance engineering scripts. Must possess the ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously from start to finish while balancing deadlines. We seek a self-starter and someone who takes the initiative, always seeking process enhancements and looking to build their skills.
- Provide technical leadership for critical areas that impact customer success.
- Set up bench marking at the organizations, process and project levels to identify and implement best practices.
- Continually analyze the Cost of Quality categories (prevention, appraisal, internal failure, external failure, and their impacts on products and processes.
- Evaluate corrective action procedures
- Design and use defect prevention processes
- Define Audit Types required
- Set up Risk management and evaluate security risks
- Work closely with the development team to ensure high-quality product deliverables.
- Ensure adherence and help redefine the best practices in SDLC like code review, unit testing, functional automation, Continuous Integration, etc.
- Perform both functional manual/automated ("black box") testing of application features using automation tools such as Selenium and JUnit and extensive “white box” testing through an application program interface (API).
- Assist your team in the development of all testing-related documentation, including test plans, test cases/scripts, and bug reports assessing the quality and associated risk
- Ensure test planning, execution, and reporting is effective, efficient, standardized, coordinated, and integrated.
- Identify, record and track bugs
- Team Collaboration to discuss problems and defects
- Regression testing
- Prefer Six Sigma Greenbelt or greater.
- Good experience with relational databases and schema design is a plus.
- Experience with mobile applications on an iPad/iPhone, Android, and/or HTML5 mobile web platform will be a plus.
- Skills in scripting languages, e.g., Perl, shell scripting, etc, a plus.
- Experience with high volume and highly scalable application is a plus.
- Independent, self-motivated team player. Meticulous and methodical in creating solutions.
- US or foreign countries experience in an internet startup companies a huge plus.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience in short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and have worked on large scale product that was actually released for public consumption or several minor software packages released for public consumption.
Education and Technical Requirements:
- BS or MS in Computer Science OR EE with equivalent work experience (degrees from top universities a plus)
- Prefer but not required CSQE (Certified Software Quality Engineer)
- 1-5 years of experience in SQA methodologies, tools and approaches (black box, white box, and automated testing experience) in a software company with short release cycles.
- Testing Web Applications
- Testing for SaaS Products and API functions
- Strong experience with object-oriented analysis, design, and programming (OOA/OOD/OOP)
- Strong skills in Java programming or C++
- Solid work experience in UI Automation, Selenium or Webdriver, JUnit, JMeter, etc.,
- Excellent communication, documentation and organization skills.
- Test Plans and Test Cases to build on.
- Testing in .NET? C# atmosphere
**Please submit a PDF version of your portfolio or work samples along with your resume**
Freedom to Act
Expected to be accountable for own professional action and recognize own professional boundaries, seeking advice where appropriate. Required to work in defined departmental protocols/policies and professional code of conduct. To work independently accessing appraisal within an individual performance framework at pre-determined intervals.
All Digital Rewards offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. All Digital Rewards is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone’s unique contributions, experiences, and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.
For consideration for employment, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org