This will be an ongoing role that will expand through several large and many smaller client projects. Our Front-end developer will be exposed to high profile clients where design is important, but effective implementation and auctioning is more so. The person stepping into this role will report to Sr Web Dev and will also be subject to engagement and changes required by CTO on project outliers. We prefer our front-end developer to be onsite to work with our multiple team interactions as well as engage with our marketing projects. Egos are welcome provided they are checked at the door. Communication and a high level of patience and QA is required.
- Play a key role in building next-generation web applications
- Evaluate and revamp existing front-end code, identifying areas for improvement
- Specialize in building responsive and elegant web UIs with AJAX, Bootstrap, and similar technologies
- Work closely with back-end developers, creative and business teams, advising on front-end technical decisions for new site functionality with Sr Web Dev
- Develop high performance, responsive web pages, minimizing load time.
- Identify best-practices and evolutions in front-end development in areas including as HTML5/CSS3 and mobile web development
- Contribute to project definitions by suggesting technical and UI approaches that help achieve project goals
- Lead the development and design of dynamic, interactive web pages using the latest web standards
- Demonstrate outstanding skills in developing cross-browser / cross-media
- Utilize available web services and API to implement front-end optimizations that sync with Web sphere backend.
- Implement interactive experiences through AB testing.
- Develop new user-facing features on a rapid release basis
- Build reusable code and evaluate the feasibility of site-wide front-end libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize front-end feature applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders
- The ideal candidate should have a thorough understanding of e-commerce design, JS technical chops, and familiarity with AB testing platforms
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in Web design, development, testing/debugging, implementation, documentation, and operations in medium-to-large enterprise environments
- Advanced CSS and familiarity with cross-browser libraries, compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite
- Responsive web design
- Basic understanding of server-side Java
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to be able to clearly convey information
- Strong understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Wireframing and understanding of IA and its application in UI
- UI Development
- Object-oriented programming with a focus on modern front-end technologies
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors SASS/LESS
- Understanding of version and revision control systems (SVN, GIT), deployment processes (ANT)
- Experience in setting up RESTful interfaces
- Agile development and scoping
- Good understanding of server-side web frameworks such as JSTL and JSP or ASP.net
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of Experience
- Strong project management and communications skills
- Proven track record working with various, cross-functional, internal and external groups to deliver meaningful results on time and on budget with limited direction
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Critical thinking and decision making abilities positively impacting operational results and sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Freedom to Act
Expected to be accountable for own professional action and recognize own professional boundaries, seeking advice where appropriate. Required to work in defined departmental protocols/policies and professional code of conduct. To work independently accessing appraisal within an individual performance framework at pre-determined intervals.